Monday 12 September 2011

Sony Unveils Ultra High-Def 4K Projector: So Long 1080p!


You've finally picked up a monster-sized high-definition 1080p flatscreen for your entertainment center, you're plowing through your Blu-ray stacks of Lost or Friday Night Lights or Breaking Bad at a crisp, eyeball-thrilling 1920 x 1080 pixels, and then you see this: Sony's launching a projector that'll run at 4K, or 4096 x 2160 pixels.
Wait, what? 4096 wide by 2160 high? Isn't that some kind of digital cinema format? Why yes, yes it is. In fact it's the high-end of digital cinema formats. Most use 2K, or 2048 x 1080 pixels, only a tick better than your increasingly standard home theater's 1080p, so 4K's pretty much cutting edge. Films shot in 4K are fairly recent, too—think District 9Knowing and The Social Network.
Meet Sony's VPL-VW1000ES 4K, but don't worry, you probably can't afford one. Sony says it'll ship this December for just shy of $25,000 (including installation). But oh what you'd enjoy if you had that sort of disposable income: a home theater front projector capable of displaying four times the resolution of HDTV.


1 comment:

  1. I think most of individuals posting comments here speech that 4k ultra area unit junk area unit those that have not used a dominant projector or have not seen it operating. I Paramount smart-905 from space|a neighborhood} merchant in my area and I’m terribly pleased with it. I watch blue ray movies with it and therefore the pictures area unit continuously sharp. I even have set the screen to 90” and therefore the pictures appear to fill my area. I even have seen somebody speech that a number of the buttons don’t work. Well, that's contrary to my experience; all the buttons area unit operating utterly. i need to say that I’m terribly pleased with my purchase.

    ReplyDelete